Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:48 pm 

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

MY BEEFS WITH DISTRIBUTORS, BRAINTAX AND HHC...........

SO LET ME START AT THE BEGINNING........
I GET A BAD REPUTATION FOR SPEAKING OUT AGAINST THE MANY SNAKES IN THIS INDUSTRY AND MORE OFTEN THAN NOT I AM WITHIN MY RIGHTS TO SAY SHIT SO I FIGURED LET ME EXPLAIN THE NEXT LITTLE STORM THAT IS BREWING......... FIRST MY BEEF WITH THE DISTRIBUTION COMPANIES CARGO AND BOOMBOX...... STARTING WITH CARGO ..... SO THEY WERE WHO I UNFORTUNATELY EMPLOYED TO HANDLE MY SOLO ALBUM AND THE FIRST SINGLE..... I LATER FIND THE STAFF AT CARGO HAVE NOT MADE ANY EFFORT TO PUSH MY STOCK IN THE LEAST AND JUST SAT ON THERE HANDS AND AS ITS DUE FOR GENERAL RELEASE IN A FEW DAYS THIS HAS FUCKED ME UP TOTALLY.... SO I AM OBVIOUSLY PISSED OFF AND THEN TO ADD TO THE PAIN I FIND OUT FROM ANOTHER DISTRIBUTOR I TALKED TO ABOUT TAKING OVER FROM THE MESS CARGO HAVE LEFT ME IN THAT WE HAVE MISSED THE CHAIN STORES FOR CHRISTMASS AND WE CAN ONLY BULLY HMV TO TAKE 100 COPYS UNTILL FEB NEXT YEAR AS THEY HAVE FILLED UP THERE STOCK ROOMS WITH CHRISTMASS GIFTS.....OUCH I SAY THAT HURTS ALOT...... SO ON THAT NOTE PEOPLE FUCK CARGO AND ITS WHOLE STAFF .... AND ANY ARTISTS OUT HERE DOING HIP HOP DO NOT EVEN DREAM OF USING CARGO TO DISTRIBUTE YOUR STOCK COS THEY WILL JUST SIT ON IT TWIDDLING THERE CRUSTY THUMBS AND WHATNOT AND I TELL YOU NO LIES THIS IS THE REALITY OF BRITISH MUSIC....... NOW THE MORE SERIOUS ISSUE IS BOOMBOX DISTRIBUTION CLAIMING THEY CANT PAY ARTISTS BECAUSE THE CHAIN STORE FOPP WENT UNDER THIS YEAR AND LEFT BOOMBOX UNPAID...... WELL LISTEN TO THIS AND SOMEONE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG OK BUT HMV HAS BOUGHT FOPP AND IN DOING THIS HAVE ALSO PAID OFF ALL FOPPS OUTGOING DEBTS AND I BELIEVE THIS IS A STANDARD BUISNISS PROCEDURE(AGAIN CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG)..... SO WHY THE F**K ARE BOOMBOX SAYING THEY CANT PAY US OUR MONEY...... NOW TO ADD TO THIS FIRE THE WAY I WAS TOLD I WOULDNT BE PAID WAS A VERY ANNOYING LETTER WITHOUT ANY FORM OF APOLOGY OR CONSIDERATION FOR MY LIFESTYLE OF POVERTY.... WHILE THIS MUG SKEG AND HIS STAFF ARE MAKING MONEY OF OUR SWEAT AND BUYING HOUSES ME AND MY FAM ARE STARVING AND EATING TWENTY PENCE NOODLES... NOW IN HONESTY THEY DONT OWE ME PERSONALLY MUCH MONEY BUT THE BEEF IS IN THE WAY THEY HANDLED ME AND MY FAM...... SO I SAY F**CK THEM AND THE MONEY I WOULD RATHER LET OF A COUPLE LEFT HOOKS AND REMIND THESE WEALTHY LAW STUDENT SNAKES THIS IS A ROAD THING FOR ME AND THAT IS NOT ME SAYING WE ARE GANGSTER OR FUGGED OUT THATS ME SAYING THEY INSULTED ME AND MADE NO EFFORT TO REPAIR THAT LEAVING ME AS A PERSON WITH ONE OPTION ...... F**K MONEY IM A PROUD PERSON SO I WILL JUST GIVE SKEG A SMACK AND DONE ..... NO GUNS OR KNIVES OR THAT STUFF JUST A GOOD OLD PUNCH IN THE EYE........ THEN MY BROTHER(FARMS) TRYS TO CONTACT THEM TO ARRANGE PAYMENT AND THEY COMPLETELY IGNORED HIM NO RESPONSE..... SLIPPERS ALSO REQUESTS PAYMENT THEY RESPOND TO HIM SAYING THEY ARE PAYING THERE IMPORTANT CLIENTS FIRST..... AHEM IS THAT TO SUGGEST MY PEOPLE AINT IMPORTANT.... WELL THATS ANOTHER PUNCH IN THE EYE IN MY OPINION....... THEN I GET A VERY PISSED OFF INJA ON THE PHONE SAYING CHESS THEY SENT ME A LETTER SAYING COME COLLECT YOUR STOCK IMMEDIATLY OR IT WILL BE THROWN OUT AND IM LIKE WHAT!!!!!.... SO I TELL INJA TAKE A MINUTE BE CALM AND ME AND YOU WILL ROLL UP THERE TO SORT THIS OUT AND NOW THIS IS WHERE WE ARE..... BOOMBOX IM COMING TO SEE YOU IN THE NEXT FORTNIGHT AND IF ME AND ALL MY FAMS STOCK IS NOT ACCOUNTED FOR AS WELL ALL PAYMENTS PAID IN CASH IN FULL BY A DATE WE ALL AGREE TOO I AM GONNA SWITCH ON YOU THIS IS NOT A GAME..... SO JUST LIKE CARGO I SUGGEST ARTISTS STAY CLEAR OF BOOMBOX AND DONT LET THEM FILL YOUR HEADS UP WITH THE NOTION THEY ARE GOOD AT THERE JOBS AND NOONE ELSE IS AS COMPITENT COS THIS IS SIMPLY UNTRUE THERE ARE OTHER DISTRIBUTORS WHO CAN DO FAR MORE FOR YOU THAN THESE WANKERS....... NOW DISORDER WAS A PART OF BOOMBOX AND HAS RECENTLY LEFT SAYING HE COULDNT COMMIT HIS TIME TO THEM AS HE HAS HIS OWN SUSPECT PACKAGES TO LOOK AFTER AND I TELL YOU ALL WITH HONESTY DISORDER IS REAL TO HIP HOP MUSIC AND CANNOT BE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS MISTREATMENT..... HE IS TOTALLY AMMUNE TO ATTACK OF ANY FORM AND TO BE HONEST HE DOES MORE FOR US THE ARTISTS THAN ANY OF THE 2 DISTRIBUTORS MENTINONED ABOVE EVER CAN OR WILL...... SO DISORDER IF YOU READ THIS PLEASE UNDERSTAND I KNOW THESE PEOPLE ARE YOUR FRIENDS BUT I MUST DO WHAT I MUST DO AND THAT I HOPE HAS NO BAD EFFECT ON MY FRIENDSHIP WITH YOU.......... DISORDER IS A MAN WHO IS REAL AND WILL HELP YOU GET YOUR MUSIC OUT THERE IF IT IS OF A GOOD QUALITY ....... NOW THATS MY PROBLEM WITH THE DISTRIBUTORS AND ALL OF WHAT I SAID IS REAL LIFE AND TRUE SO BEFORE STUPID JOURNALISTS START SLAGGING ME OFF CALLING ME A TROUBLE MAKER AND SUCH INSULTS AS WE RECENTLY WITNESSED IN EXCALBAHS COLUMN IN HHC ACCUSING ME OF NOT BRINGING MY PROBLEMS TO THE SOURCE AND ALWAYS JUST CALL OUT PEOPLES NAMES AND SO ON WELL LIKE I SAID TO EXCALIBAH MY WORDS ARE BASED STRICTLY ON MY EXPERIENCE WITH THESE PEOPLE UNLIKE HIS COLUMN WHICH IS BASED ON RUMOURS AND WORD OF MOUTH...... SO THAT BRINGS ME TO MY BEEF WITH BRAINTAX AND HHC....... I HAVE HAD SOME ISSUE WITH BRAINTAX AND THESE ISSUES ARE NOT TO DO WITH ME BEING RIPPED OFF THESE ISSUES ARE TO DO WITH ME FEELING LIKE MY GOOD NATURED FRIENDSHIP WAS ABUSED AND MISTREATED SO LET ME EXPLAIN FIRST HAND...... AFTER NEW MIC ORDER TASK FORCE HOOKED UP WITH BRAINTAX WHO PROPOSED WE PUT OUT AN EP THROUGH HIS AT THE TIME SMALL LABEL.... WE (TASK FORCE) SAID YES LETS DO IT AS WE FOUND BRAINTAX WAS A VERY NICE GUY.... THE OUTCOME WAS NOW CLASSIC VOICE OF THE GREAT OUTDOORS.....WE SPOKE ABOUT MONEY BRIEFLY AND AT THIS POINT OF OUR LIFES ME AND MY BROTHER WAS TRYING TO BUILD THE INDUSTRY UP A LITTLE SO TOLD BRAINTAX NOT TO WORRY ABOUT MONEY WE KNOW THERE IS NOT MASSES OF MONEY TO EARN SO TAKE WHAT YOU DO EARN AND PUT IT INTO YOUR BUSINESS AND HELP IT GROW ..... WE DID THAT OUT OF LOVE FOR OUR ARTFORM NO OTHER REASON...... WHAT PISSED ME OFF IS THIS.... AT NO POINT HAVE I BEEN THANKED BY HIM FOR THIS KIND GESTURE AND AS HIS BUSINUSS GREW(DUE TO HIS OWN HARD WORK AND SWEAT)HIS GRATITUDE SHRUNK AND HIS WAY OF BEING BECAME MORE GREEDY AND HE HAS BENEFITED FROM TASK FORCE ALOT MORE THAN WE HAVE BENEFITED FROM HIM BUT STILL IT WAS LOVE FOR THE GUY COS WE WERE ALL REAL FRIENDS...... SO WE START PUTTING OUT THE FIRST MFTC AND ASK BRAINTAX IF HE CAN HELP US GET IT DISTRIBUTED THROUGH VITAL WHO LOWLIFE USE AND OF COURSE HE SAYS YES BUT YES AT A COST THIS COST STARTED OFF AS 50 PENCE ON EVERY CD AND QUICKLY WENT UP TO £1 PER CD BUT BEING US WE AGREED AND AFTER 4 VOLUMES OF MFTC EACH SELLING ROUGHLY 4000+ COPYS HIM EARNING A POUND OF EACH I START TO THINKING THATS HIM EARNING ROUGHLY £20000 FROM A PROJECT HE HAD NOTHING ELSE TO DO WITH THEN I GET TO THINKING OUCH THAT HURTS ...... SO SOMEONE ASK HIM HOW MUCH HE EARNED FROM THE VOICE OF THE GREAT OUTDOORS THEN ADD IT TO WHAT HE EARNED FROM THE MFTCS AND THEN ASK HIM HOW MUCH I HAVE BEEN PAID OVER THE YEARS OF WORKING ON HIS LABEL AND SEE HOW IT IS COMPLETELY UNBALLANCED....... NOW I KNOW THAT HE HASNT RIPPED ME OFF BUT HE HAS PISSED ON MY PICNIC FROM A GREAT HEIGHT AND ABUSED THE GIFT WE GAVE HIM...... HE HAS MADE A GREAT SUCCES OF HIS LABEL AND HE WORKS HARDER THAN ANYONE I KNOW YET HE COMPLETELY FORGOT WHERE HE GOT A HELPING HAND AND NOW THAT HAND IS NOT OFFERING HELP IT IS CLENCHED AND READY TO FLY......... SO WHEN I READ EXCALIBAHS COLUMN DEFENDING HIM AND SAYING HOW MUCH BRAINTAX HAS DONE FOR HIP HOP AND HOW ITS SAD IM ATTACKING HIM FOR NO REASON.... HE ALSO SAYS HE SPOKE TO BRAINTAX AND BRAINTAX DENIES THE MANY CLAIMS FROM THE MANY ARTISTS ON HIS LABEL THAT HE IS RIPPING THEM OFF AND SO ON ..... AT NO POINT DID EXCALIBAH SPEAK TO ME AND GET MY STORY WHICH CONSIDERING HIS CRITICISM OF ME WAS MAINLY BASED ON THE FACT HE FEELS I DONT ADDRESS THE SOURCE OF THE PROBLEMS I HAVE IS VERY CONTRADICTORY..... NOW AS I SAID TO EXCALIBAH I WOULD BE SPEAKING OUT ABOUT THIS ISSUE AND HE (EXCALIBAH) IS NOT IN MY OPINION A HATER OR A SNAKE OUT HERE AND I ALWAYS HAVE AND STILL DO HAVE ALOT OF RESPECT FOR HIM(EXCALIBAH)BUT HE DIDNT SHOW ANY INTEGRITY WRITING WHAT HE WROTE AND IT PISSED ME OFF SOMEWHAT....... LEADING ME TO THE BIGGEST POINT... EVER SINCE I SAID SOMETHING ABOUT BRAINTAX PUBLICLLY HHC MAGAZINE WHICH RECIEVES A GREAT DEAL OF CURRENCY FROM LOWLIFE FOR ADVERTS AND SUCH THINGS APPEARS TO OF TURNED ON ME LEADING ME TO BELIEVE THERE MAYBE SOME CONNECTION BUT AS I HAVE NO EVIDENCE YET I WILL LEAVE THAT FOR THE TIME BEING ........ NOW THE MONTH BEFORE EXCALIBAH WROTE WHAT HE WROTE HHC REVIEWED MY SOLO ALBUM AND FOR ME THE REVIEW WAS NOT JUST NEGATIVE IT WAS MAKING A JOKE ABOUT THE FACT SLIPPERS STUDIO HAD BEEN BURGLED AND BURNT DOWN SUGGESTING PERHAPS WE SHOULD OF LET THE TRACKS BURN TOO AND MAKING MANY CROSS REFERENCES TO FIRE AND BEING BURNT WHICH TO ME HURT MY PRIDE AND THE GUY WHO REVIEWED IT(ADAM ANONYMOUS) IS KNOWN TO HATE ON BRITISH HIP HOP AND SUPPORTS SHIT LIKE AKIRA THE DON OVER REAL HIP HOP THIS ADAM GUY WHO I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR AND AM NOW GETTING CLOSER TO LOCATING IN BRIGHTON IS A HETROPHOBIC WHIMP WITHOUT NUTS TO LEAVE A REAL NAME AND I KNOW MANY ARTIST OUT HERE WHO HAVE ISSUES WITH HIM........ IT APPEARS THERE IS SOME CONNECTION TO THESE LITTLE ATTACKS ON MY CHARACTER AND MY LITTLE ATTACK ON BRAINTAX.......HMMMM..... THINK ABOUT IT..... THESE GUYS THINK I NEED THEM ALL THESE GUYS I MENTIONED THEY SEEM TO THINK THEY ARE THE NESTLE OF HIP HOP BUT NO, NO, NO........ F**K HIP HOP CONNECTIONS MAGAZINE COMPLETELY, F**K BRAINTAX, F**K CARGO AND BOOMBOX AND F**K THE REST OF THE HATERS OUT THERE AND THE LAST BIT OF FU**ING TO DO IS F**K LIMEWIRE AND THE HEADS WHO DOWNLOAD INDEPENDENT ARTISTS AND RUN AROUND SCREAMING KEEP IT REAL......... I SINCERELY PROMISE YOU ALL I AM COMING OUT FIGHTING AND ROUNDING UP TEAM MORALE AND FOR ME I LOVE MY ARTFORM AND INTEND TO BRING IT BACK TO THOSE LIKE MYSELF......
MY FINAL WORD IS THIS....... WE THE ARTISTS ARE WHAT MAKES THE INDUSTRY IF THE ARTIST STOP DOING THERE THING THESE JOURNALISTS, MAGAZINES, DISTRIBUTORS, RECORD COMPANYS AND SO ON WOULD ALL BE OUT OF WORK COMPLETELY...... THE 2 BIGGEST FACTORS ARE THE ARTISTS AND THE REAL FANS WHO BUY OUR MUSIC ALL THE REST IS A BUNCH OF CAPITALISTS TRYING TO EAT FROM THE SWEAT AND BLOOD WE SPILL TRYING TO PUT OUT GOOD MUSIC......... SO LETS UNITE WITH THAT KNOWLEDGE AND SHUT DOWN THE MIDDLEMEN ........ MY CONFESSION IS AS FOLLOWS YES THERE ARE TIMES I REACT BADLY TO INCIDENTS BUT THERE IS NEVER A TIME IM NOT REAL TO MYSELF AND MY SITUATION AND IF ANYONE GETS OUT THERE PRAM WITHOUT DUE CAUSE IM GONNA SPEAK OUT...... I LOVE THE SCENE AND THOSE TRYING TO BUILD WITHIN IT AND THE ONLY WAY TO STOP THAT IS TO PUT A BULLET IN ME.......... SO BIG UP ALL REAL HEADS AND REMEMBER I DONT START THE TROUBLE I JUST GOT THE BALLS TO ADDRESS IT OPENLY AND THAT IS BECAUSE IM TELLING THE TRUTH AND HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE AT ALL .............. THANKS FOR READING LOVE UK HIP-HOP HATE ILLEGAL DOWNLOADS..........CHESSMONSTER......FROM THE ASHES........ TASK FORCE FOR EVER........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:59 pm 

yawn..... poor fucking chester p. boo hoo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:06 pm 

nah man, that's fucked... i've heard a lot of bad shit about both companies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:29 pm 

People have been complaining about their distro ever since they started music distibuting.

Granted some of these companies dont seem to do any work except when they are sellling their mates work but this is to be expected.

We have had problems with distro/press/manufacturing/studios/shops etc.. companies but i wouldnt go as far as to say someone has fucked me over on purpose.

props to Chester,keep hustling.there isnt much moolah to go about but fight for your scraps like the rest of the artists around the ukhhscene. He is a big guy in ukhh so im sure he will do quite well.

I wouldnt go venting openly about companies, this will not inspire them to sell your CD's,it will do the opposite. There isnt m(any) decent distro out here (or maybe anywhere).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:35 pm 

:shock: UKHH-Artist-In-Business-Incompetence-Shocker!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:27 pm 

Chester P wrote:
IS A HETROPHOBIC WHIMP

:lol:

I couldnt be arsed reading a peice of text without even basic english skills.

I also think its a little stupid (in many ways) to put this on the internet (Myspace of all places), business isn't supposed to be public like this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:49 pm 

lol. judging by the other business moves he's crying about here it dont seem too bad i suppose.

tbh, he should be gratefull that he can even afford 20p noodles. not to mention the cash to use a studio frequently and put out music in the first place. it made me cringe throughout. sounds like he got a big chip on his shoulder. it seems everyone else is to blame for his lp looking like a flop at the moment. shit happens. but i wouldnt be waiting 2 weeks to go to the distro's to sort it out either, whats goin on like? is he assembling an army or suttin?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:07 pm 

Those two companies are the only place some people can get distribution from, those same people prob wouldn't find out about this shit if it wasn't for this post or the blog. Take it as a heads up for small artists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:39 pm 

Flash 4Dem wrote:
yawn..... poor fucking chester p. boo hoo.

pfft! I can't understand why you can't recognise Chester's legacy

chester is big in the game, naive possibly but the point remains valid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:40 pm 

Big up chester for speaking his mind. too many ppl talk industry bollocks for fear of pissing someone off that might've helped them further down the line.

At least ches has the courage to stand up and say when something is fucked. and the way he's been treated is most certainly fucked.

And that HHC review, i aint read it but the LP is definitely a good LP, probably some of the best TF material in years, so to pan is is to be unfair. Whether that is linked to Excalibah/Low LIfe/Braintax i dont know...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:52 pm 

what are Excalibah's credentials anyway? til he had the 1xtra show i'd not heard of him him. Whereas I was watching Chester smash live shows in front of 10K+ crowds ten years ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:06 pm 

Chester is a king man. Big up to him. The industry needs these leeches removing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:23 pm 

don't have a problem with any of the ppl mentioned there but I feel his frustration on a lotta levels, the industry is fucked up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:24 pm 

Adam Anonymous is from Brighton? Never heard of him being down here... but then again, that could be where the anonymous comes in...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:27 pm 

QUALITY! thanks for posting this Presswun.
Love Chester for doing this, aint got a bad word to say about it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next